June 10, 2021
June 07, 2021
June 03, 2021
- Guideline reviewManaging febrile neutropenia in the UK in 2020
- EpilogueUncommon urticaria
- Research in practiceWhat is realist research, when should we consider it, how and why?
May 27, 2021
- Best practiceFifteen-minute consultation: oral ulceration in children
- Problem solving in clinical practiceIron-deficiency anaemia: the perils of excessive milk-drinking
May 26, 2021
May 21, 2021
May 14, 2021
May 11, 2021
May 10, 2021
May 07, 2021
April 30, 2021
April 21, 2021
- ReviewMacrolides in children: judicious use, avoiding resistance and reducing adverse effects
This Medicines Update provides an overview of the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and safety of different macrolides along with a summary of the indications for use in paediatrics. Prescribers are exhorted to limit use in order to prevent resistance.
April 20, 2021
April 13, 2021
April 08, 2021
- Best practiceFifteen-minute consultation: The child with obesity
- Quality improvementImplementing less invasive surfactant administration on a neonatal unit
LISA is recommended as the optimal method for surfactant delivery in babies who are not invasively ventilated. This QI report describes the safe implementation of this approach in a Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Wellbeing at workListening to and learning from patients
March 19, 2021
- Quality improvementAligning quality improvement with better child health for the 21st century
In this opinion piece, the authors argue that Quality Improvement (QI) has great potential as a catalyst for innovations and developments in child health. However, for this transformation to occur it requires “critical engagement” of healthcare professionals, realigning QI towards what matters most in child health to ensure it is enthusiastically embraced.
March 18, 2021
March 16, 2021
March 10, 2021
- Key publications in paediatrics: PicketOlanzapine was an effective additional antiemetic for children and young people undergoing highly emetogenic chemotherapy
March 03, 2021
- Key publications in paediatrics: PicketRespiratory syncytial virus vaccination in pregnancy is not effective enough at reducing infant infections
- Quality improvementCo-producing a social determinants of health questionnaire for an urban population in community child health
In this Equipment report, Quality Improvement (QI) and co-production methodologies are used to explore how child health professionals can be helped to open up conversations about poverty in a community child health clinic. The social screening tool and resource leaflet may be adapted for other settings.
- Wellbeing at workAre you OK?
- Learning and teachingAddressing recruitment and retention in paediatrics: a pipeline to a brighter future
A review of strategies to enhance recruitment and retention in Paediatrics with a suggestion for a new "pipeline" approach.
February 26, 2021
- InterpretationsHow to use a coagulation screen
- Best practiceHow to interpret spinal imaging in paediatric trauma
- InterpretationsHow to interpret a paediatric blood culture