May 27, 2021
- Best practiceFifteen-minute consultation: oral ulceration in children
- Problem solving in clinical practiceIron-deficiency anaemia: the perils of excessive milk-drinking
May 26, 2021
May 21, 2021
May 14, 2021
May 11, 2021
May 10, 2021
April 30, 2021
April 20, 2021
April 13, 2021
April 08, 2021
- Best practiceFifteen-minute consultation: The child with obesity
- Quality improvementImplementing less invasive surfactant administration on a neonatal unit
LISA is recommended as the optimal method for surfactant delivery in babies who are not invasively ventilated. This QI report describes the safe implementation of this approach in a Neonatal Intensive Care.
March 19, 2021
- Quality improvementAligning quality improvement with better child health for the 21st century
In this opinion piece, the authors argue that Quality Improvement (QI) has great potential as a catalyst for innovations and developments in child health. However, for this transformation to occur it requires “critical engagement” of healthcare professionals, realigning QI towards what matters most in child health to ensure it is enthusiastically embraced.
March 18, 2021
March 16, 2021
March 10, 2021
March 03, 2021
- Wellbeing at workAre you OK?
- Learning and teachingAddressing recruitment and retention in paediatrics: a pipeline to a brighter future
A review of strategies to enhance recruitment and retention in Paediatrics with a suggestion for a new "pipeline" approach.
- Key publications in paediatrics: PicketRespiratory syncytial virus vaccination in pregnancy is not effective enough at reducing infant infections
- Quality improvementCo-producing a social determinants of health questionnaire for an urban population in community child health
In this Equipment report, Quality Improvement (QI) and co-production methodologies are used to explore how child health professionals can be helped to open up conversations about poverty in a community child health clinic. The social screening tool and resource leaflet may be adapted for other settings.
February 26, 2021
- InterpretationsHow to use a coagulation screen
- Best practiceHow to interpret spinal imaging in paediatric trauma
February 22, 2021
February 17, 2021
February 12, 2021
February 11, 2021
February 08, 2021
- Research in practiceWhat is machine learning?
February 04, 2021
January 27, 2021
January 25, 2021
January 15, 2021
January 12, 2021
January 07, 2021
January 06, 2021
December 23, 2020
December 18, 2020
- Key publications in paediatrics: PicketTreatment with amoxicillin for 3 days for chest-indrawing pneumonia was non-inferior to treatment for 5 days in HIV-uninfected Malawian children