Vulvovaginitis and other common childhood gynaecological conditions
- 1Division of Medicine, School of Health and Medicine, Lancaster University, Lancaster, Lancashire, UK
- 2University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust, Cumbria/Lancashire, UK
- 3Alder Hey Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK
- Correspondence to Professor AS Garden, School of Health and Medicine, Centre for Medical Education, Faraday Building, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LancashireLA1 4YB, UK;
- Accepted 13 September 2010
- Published Online First 30 November 2010
Paediatric gynaecological problems, especially those involving the vulvar area, are common in childhood. The conditions frequently seen include recurrent bacterial vulvovaginitis, vulvar irritation, labial adhesions and dermatological conditions. The presentation and management of these conditions will be reviewed.
Competing interests None.
Provenance and peer review Commissioned; externally peer reviewed.